The Bible says that we all have a problem. We have chosen to ignore God and live our lives according to our own desires. And we choose to do wrong - the Bible calls that sin. And because we have sinned and continue to rebel against God, we have no peace. Fortunately, the Bible shows us how we can change the path our lives are on, to have our sin paid for, and to experience the peace that only God can give. The following is a summary of what the Bible says about finding peace with God:
All have sinned
- Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God"
The problem of sin is separation from God
- Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord"
Our problem is fixed by Jesus
- Romans 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us"
Repent, Confess, and Trust
- Romans 10:13 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved"
- Romans 10:9-10 "if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation"
If you have questions or want to talk with someone about finding this peace that only comes from trusting Christ, please do not hesitate to contact us.